We received the good news that current restrictions will be easing to Stage 3 from this afternoon. The following update is for affected Local Government Areas of Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Gold Coast, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, Sunshine Coast and Noosa, plus the rest of Queensland.
From 4pm Friday 27 August 2021 the following protocols are in place:
Masses and Gatherings
- Indoor venues including places of worship will return to the following occupancy restrictions (this also applies to baptisms) with use of the COVID Safe Checklist.
- 1 person per 2 square metres indoors OR
- 100% capacity for ticketed and allocated seating. Ticketed seating means a person is given a ticket with their seat number on it and will remain (as much as possible) in their allocated seat while at the place of worship.
- Outdoor events: There are no density restrictions for outdoor gatherings.
- Weddings and Funerals, when held indoors, will return to one person per 2 square metres or 200 people, whichever number is lower.
- Food Service: There are no restrictions on self-service food; eating and drinking while standing is allowed.
Mask wearing requirements will continue to apply until 4pm Friday the 10th September 2021. You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Indoors: You must wear a mask in indoor spaces (including places of worship and workplaces, but not your own home) unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5m apart from other people.
- Clergy and readers who are socially distanced from others may remove their masks while speaking, and only when 1.5 metres from others.
- Parishioners may remove their masks if they are 1.5 metres apart from one another. (People living in the same household are not required to socially distance from each other.)
- Singing is a high risk activity due to the transmission of droplets therefore:
- Choirs will be required to keep their masks on at all times during the liturgy.
- A single cantor, who is significantly socially distanced at 7 metres or more from the congregation, may remove his or her mask while singing and then put it back on.
- Outdoors: you must wear a mask when unable to stay 1.5m apart from people who are not part of your household.
- Visitor restrictions for vulnerable person facilities (hospitals, aged care and disability accommodation services) will continue to apply. Please contact the facility to receive directives regarding visitation.
Please remember to stay vigilant during this time. You can find additional information through the links below:
We will continue to keep you updated.
WEEKDAY MASSES have returned to normal: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9am.
CHILDRENS LITURGY has been cancelled for the rest of term 3.
Fathers & Children’s Mass will go ahead on the 5th of September at 9am.
Please continue to check this page for up to date information.