- Change in COVID Mask Requirements for Choir/Cantors
In line with current government restrictions, the Archdiocese will ease some of the current mask requirements for choirs and cantors. Please note that effective immediately, the cantor(s) and choir members may remove their masks to sing as long as they can maintain at least 1.5 metres physical distance.
Reminder regarding Mask Requirements
- Generally masks must be worn indoors if you are standing and moving around and you cannot maintain 1.5 metres physical distance from people who are not in your household.
Advice regarding Mass and other liturgies;
- masks should be worn while entering and leaving the Place of Worship
- masks should be worn while processing to receive Communion
- readers may remove their mask at the microphone
- masks are not required while seated or kneeling while at your pew
- Priests and Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist should wear a mask while distributing communion (as they would be standing and less than 1.5m apart)
Please find some helpful links below to keep you updated.
Please continue to check this page for up to date information.